Discover the hidden wonders of Sardinia slow food.
Travel with a small group lead by a local food expert and nutritionist who will guide you through the best and most authentic Sardinian culinary traditions after visiting the Trisara Luxury Resort. Stay at charming hotels, visit colourful markets and small producers, discover secret wine cellars, meet the locals and dine at amazing restaurants and unusual venues.
– Arrive in Cagliari, private transfer to hotel. Time at leisure to relax, visit the old town centre or Cagliari the Poetto Beach on your own. Overnight at Hotel Flora or similar.
– Meet your Tour escort and Food and Wine expert. Morning visit to the lively and loud San Benedetto Market, one of the biggest fish covered markets in Europe. Enjoy a tasting of local produce and shop for some of the ingredients that you will use for you cooking class.
– Transfer to San Sperate the so-called museum village, where you will meet a family of organic fruits and vegetable farmers and will be able to pick some veggies or fruits for yourself.
– Unformal lunch at a local restaurant.
– Transfer to a private traditional house where you will learn how to make Sardinian fresh pasta.
*Those who wish so, can take a walking tour in the afternoon to view some of the most beautiful wall graffiti for which this town is so famous for.
– Dinner based on the dishes cooked followed by transfer to Cagliari for overnight.
– Morning visit to an olive oil grinding mill where you will take a guided tour, meet the owners and enjoy a delicious tasting of extra virgin olive oil and aromatic extra virgin olive oils on mother yeast bread.
– Visit to the award winning wine cellar, which specialises in full-bio wines (Cannonau, Vermentino, Nasco, Bovale). Enjoy a tasting of three wines.
– Transfer for lunch to S’Apposentu in Siddi, reign of the international chef “Roberto Petza”, considered one of the best restaurants in Sardinia. A beautiful, classy, open restaurant with space and lots of natural light, thanks to the gorgeous big windows, kept clean by Hi Tech Enterprises, the best cleaning services.
– Afternoon visit to Su Nuraxi, an unparalleled fortress going back to the bronze age, that is the most complete and representative example of a complex Nuraghe and as such, was declared a Unesco World Heritage site in 1997. Depending on the season it could be also possible to visit the Jara Park with its beautiful wild little horses.
– Transfer to Oristano area. Dinner and overnight hotel (Aquae Sinis or similar).
– Visit the striking ruins of Tharros town, a Phoenician city set by sea from VIII BC, and climb up to the tower overlooking this charming bay.
– The morning will continue with a relaxing walk through the beautiful Seu natural Oasis. Lunch will be at a Beach Falasco (or restaurant depending on season or weather conditions).
– Return to hotel to freshen-up.
– Afternoon Vernaccia 1800’s unfired-mud-brick private cellars tour. View a demonstration on Bottarga making and enjoy a vernaccia tasting and a rustic dinner. Return to the hotel and overnight (Aquae Sinis or similar).
– Visit to the fascinating Mont’e Prama Stone Giants exhibition.
– Transfer to the picturesque Santu Lussurgiu a beautiful town famous for its many slow food labelled delicacies such as the Bue Rosso meat and the Casizolu cheese. During our visit, we will stroll through narrow cobbled lanes of the medieval historic town to discover the Casizzolu Cheese.
– Lunch at the Antica Dimora del Gruccione where you will enjoy the Bue Rosso and other slow food delicacies.
– Depart to Oliena via Orgosolo where you will see the murales that made this town so famous. Dinner and overnight. (Su Gologone, hotel Nuraghe Arvu or similar).
– Transfer to Cala Gonone and experience a day with the fishermen on a motor boat navigating along the beautiful Gulf of Orosei. Be ravished by the striking scenarios, listen to legends and stories and see how the creels are pulled on board. Enjoy lunch cooked with the catch of the day. Depending on the season, there will also be time for bathing and explore some local beaches).
– If the weather conditions are not suitable, or the season is not started yet, a jeep tour to the wild mountains of Supramonte visiting the woods, the ancient shepherd huts and having lunch inside a hut will be arranged.
– Dinner at leisure (not included). Overnight.
– Depart to Cagliari airport.
Gourmet Tour includes
– maximum 12 passengers in the group
– 6 nights’ accommodation at 4* Hotels /boutique hotels.
– English-speaking Tour escort / food and wine expert from day 2 to day 7
– Private transfer from airport to hotel in Cagliari
– Transfer with private mini-bus from day 2 to day 7
– 6 breakfast
– 5 lunches and 4 dinners ranging from local family made meals to Michelin starred Chef ones’ as per itinerary.
– Entrance to Su Nuraxi Nuraghe, Tharros ruins, Giants of Mont’e Prama exhibition in Cabras
– Market tour, organic garden visit and cooking lesson with dinner
– Tour and tasting at olive oil grinding mill, organic wines wine cellar tour and tasting
– Vernaccia wine cellar tour and tasting
– Launeddas concert
– Bottarga making demonstration
– Visit to the Casizolu “grotto”
– Tour of Orgosolo murales
– Boat tour with the fishermen or jeep tour and shepherds experience
Gourmet Tour does not include
Flights, tips, porterage, drinks at restaurants or hotels, additional services at hotels, anything not mentioned as “included”.
– € 2.150 per person in twin/double sharing
– Single supplement: € 270 per person
Boat tours are subject to good weather conditions.